New month and for Doce Pulgadas a new Focus On … On this occasion the legendary New York label Ibadan Records led by Jerome Sydenham. Founded in 1995 to fulfill of Sydenham’s search for an outlet for his own creative and entrepreneurial skills. The label recently celebrated its 15-year anniversary in 2010; while also reaching over 100 releases to date under the imprint’s motto: A higher quality experience in music.
Label founder Jerome Sydenham’s artistic ambitions for Ibadan Records couldn’t be clearer. From the earliest years of acoustic, afro-tinged house to the Pan-African Electro of the 10″ series, to more recent explorations into Techno and Tech House, the sound of Ibadan has always pioneered new directions in dance music.
Over the years, Ibadan Records has had countless of iconic releases of critical acclaim, including Joe Claussell’s compilation Language in 1999, which features productions by Claussell, Sydenham, Chandler, Marc Cary and Dele Sosimi. On release considered today as a milestone in Deep House.
Among the latest endeavors for Ibadan is the launch of two new label imprints; Apotek Records and Avocado Records, created to push the boundaries of Techno.
1. Dennis Ferrer - Son of Raw [Ibadan Records]
2. Jerome Sydenham, Tiger Stripes - Elevation (Radio Slave’s Panorama Garage Remix)
3. Ferrer & Syenham Inc. - Sandcastles (Pete Heller Re-Edit) [Ibadan Records]
4. Jerome Sydenham, Katsuya Sano - Seed [Ibadan Records]
5. Jerome Sydenham, Katsuya Sano - Mud Sweat [Ibadan Records]
6. Ferrer & Sydenham Inc. - The Back Door [Ibadan Records]
7. Jerome Sydenham, Kerri Chandler - 36 Degrees (Tokyo Dub) [Ibadan Records]
8. Mission Control - Outta Limits [Ibadan Records]
9. Ferrer & Sydenham Inc. - Timbuktu (Pan African Electro Beats) [Ibadan Records]
10. Jerome Sydenham - Free Love feat. Katsuya Sano [Ibadan Records]
11. The Songstress - See Line Woman (Vocal) [Ibadan Records]