First guest mix of the year for the Tenement Sound podcast series and to set the tone we’ve got D.Y.P bringing some deep west coast flavour and oh so right grooves. You might have caught his sets on SubFM, a heady mix of old and new house and garage flavours, flavours that have certainly found their way into his own productions.
His latest release on L2S, a collab with another Perth bwoy Rekab, is a slightly more militant affair heavy on the 808 and re-cut vocals that slips in nicely along side cuts of funky and new school bass alike. It’s this great taste in music that has also seen some massive gigs and supports lately with what must surely be one of the biggest highlights landing a slot on the taste making phenomena The Boiler Room show! Make sure you jump over to his Soundcloud to keep up with fresh bits but for now check the interview and kick back with the D.Y.P mixtape. Fiyah!
[read the interview here]
01. Yast - I Wanna Be Young (Bam Spacey’s Young cuts remix)
02. DYP - Vices
03. Jaymo and Andy George - How it Goes
04. Roberto Rodrigues - Dance Like Nobody’s Watching (Black Madonna’s We Still Belive Remix)
05. Brawther - Hardcore Deep House
06. The Nathaniel X Project - Eye Lust
07. Freddie Norwood - How Low Can You Go?
08. DYP and Rekab - BeatDown
09. Animal Youth - Try Again
10. Celsius - Thought As Much
11. Hardrive - Deep Inside
12. Emerald Cabal and Leon Osborne - Brut, Timeless
13. Hot Since 82 - Knee Deep in Louise
14. DYP - Wreck
(Source: Tenement Sound)