Despite having lived in such exotic climes as Barcelona, Ibiza and Malta, the inspiration for Greg Schappert’s steely, calculating brand of techno is unsurprisingly the industrial go-to cities of Detroit, Berlin and Birmingham. It was on his travels that the New Yorker founded his digital label Miniscule along with friend and fellow producer Bob Rogue. Releasing their own individual material and those of like-minded friends, in its five and a half years of existence, Miniscule has notched up some twenty releases and was instrumental in the formation of Schappert’s partnership with Tom Russell, better known as Truss. Together, the pair have struck a vein with techno consumers via their heavy, minimal tracks for labels like Synewave, Perc Trax, Dumb-Unit and Thema.
On his own, Donor has also contributed to the revered Stroboscopic Artefacts label, which has helped bring even further exposure to the proponent of hard, proper techno. LWE got in touch with Schappert to discuss the techno scene in Brookyln, the workings of his transatlantic partnership with Truss, and what we can expect next from his many different projects. He also supplied us with our 116th exclusive podcast; a bruising blend of hard-edged techno that will get the adrenalin pumping through the most sluggish of Monday morning bodies.
01. Thomas Köner, “Teimo [Type]
02. Perc, “Pre-Steel” (Tengui remix) [Perc Trax]
03. Inigo Kennedy, “Insist” [white*]
04. Svreca, “Seda Muerta” (Female Remix) [Semantica Records]
05. Rrose, “Waterfall” [Sandwell District]
06. Mike Parker, “Pulse Trader” [Prologue]
07. The Black Dog, “Heavy Industry” (Shifted Remix) [Dust Science Recordings]
08. Convextion, “Oil On Metal” [Time To Express]
09. Svreca, “Jade” (Orphx Remix) [Semantica Records]
10. Morphosis, “Androids Among Us” [Delsin/M>O>S/Morphine Records]
11. Oscar Mulero, “Descansa En Paz” [Semantica Records]
12. Xhin, “This Is What You Drew While You Were Half Asleep”
DOWNLOAD HERE | STREAM HERE’